Sunday 30 January 2011


Here is my latest house- a tinplate house by Mettoy- apparently of Northampton- now I remember I told my Mum this and she remembered the factory. My Mum went to live just outside Northampton with her family during the Second World war. I just love the lithographs! It also has a very clean and uncluttered feel to it- clean lines- I suppose this is because it is made of metal and the furniture is plastic. When I first began to collect dolls houses I must admit I wasn't very keen on metal walls and plastic furniture- how can the dolls be comfortable? Then I began to enjoy the pictures on the walls- just as I enjoy the Brimtoy kitchen furniture.
Here are Ester and Frankie outside on the lawn. I had a doll just like Ester when I was a girl- Ester came from ebay-she was dressed in red- actually I think I had two- the other in green... or was it yellow- I don't know what happened to them. Which is strange as all the dolls house furniture I had as a chlld was kept together in a box. Frankie has also been with me from the 60's.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment